Frequently Asked Questions
What properties are included in PACT NW Bronx?
Bailey Avenue-West 193rd Street
Fort Independence Street-Heath Avenue
Harrison Avenue Rehab (Group A)
Harrison Avenue Rehab (Group B)
University Avenue Rehab
West Tremont Avenue-Sedgwick Avenue Area
Will rent stay affordable?
Rents will remain at 30% of your household’s income
Is NYCHA selling the land or buildings?
No, NYCHA will continue to own the properties.
What are the plans for the renovation?
This scope of work is just a summary and will be further refined with input and coordination from residents, resident leaders, NYCHA and the Development Team.
• New flooring, light fixtures, paint, and doors
• Lead and mold abatement
• New cabinets and solid
• New appliances and
• New plumbing fixtures
• New vanities and
• New ceramic tile flooring
Building Systems and Exterior
• Overhaul of security, intercom, and access control systems
• Modernized heating and
• Roof replacement and repairs
• New Windows
• Upgrade existing elevators, including updating cabs (if applicable)
• Lobby and common area beautification
• New mailboxes
• Repairs to community spaces, including enhanced services
Site and Grounds
• New landscaping, planters, benches, and play equipment
• Repaired sidewalks and fences
Will there be jobs/employment?
PACT NW Bronx is committed to making employment opportunities and training available to residents. Opportunities will be posted here once they are available, so please continue to check here for the latest information.